CFCnet 23/24 awards - voting OPEN! ×

Premier League

JaneB
Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

He did play, I was watching soccer Saturday and heard them say Broja with a chance but he misses the target. 😂

Broja came on in the 74min. David Fofana also played, and scored twice (!!)  for Burnley 🙂

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Ham said:

A really worrying story coming out of Newcastle FC who secretly investigated and surveiled a season ticket holder for stating on her own twitter page that trans women were biologically men and that biological women deserved safe spaces. 

She was banned for 3 years for her opinions.

Forget the subject. It's irrelevant.

What kind of dystopian nightmare are we all in?

Do we all have to have one single opinion to be allowed to take part in society?

Apparently it was a secret Premier league investigation behind their back. 

Who do they think they are?

The Police said that no crime was committed but the Premier league have banned her from going to the football. 

It's like Orwellian "wrong think" made real. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Apparently it was a secret Premier league investigation behind their back. 

Who do they think they are?

The Police said that no crime was committed but the Premier league have banned her from going to the football. 

It's like Orwellian "wrong think" made real. 

I personally hope she sues Newcastle for all she can get.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, asvaberg said:

As much as I dislike Liverpool, I feel very sorry for their 20 years old Conor who lost his 58 year old dad yesterday. 

I saw that.  What a bittersweet week for him. 

• Like 1

On 31/01/2024 at 10:10, boratsbrother said:

"RDZ having a miles better season  than Poch".... lol.🤪

Brighton are one point ahead of us having played a game more and we are also in a cup final. On what planet is RDZ having this miles better season?

Under the circumstances of which the two managers are operating, I would say Poch is difinitely having the better season and that won't change if we are comfortably beaten tonight btw.

Erm @Mark Kelly

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, east lower said:

Did you ever see the Derby side that went down with either the record low points total or near record low?

They just gave up and well before Xmas too.

Re,emmber hem well, and they had a clown called Billy Davies as their manager, he managed more like Billy Dainty!  This Sheff Utd side comes a close second, their players can't pass wind.

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, Ham said:

A really worrying story coming out of Newcastle FC who secretly investigated and surveiled a season ticket holder for stating on her own twitter page that trans women were biologically men and that biological women deserved safe spaces. 

She was banned for 3 years for her opinions.

Forget the subject. It's irrelevant.

What kind of dystopian nightmare are we all in?

Do we all have to have one single opinion to be allowed to take part in society?

And all this under a so called Conservative government. 😡

But if you think things are bad now, just wait until the "progressives" win the next election. They are seriously talking about giving people 3 year prison sentences for this sort of "offence". 

It really is scary what is happening, not just here but across the western world. We are sleep walking into tyrany and turning into the kind of country which our fathers and grandfather's faught against. They must be turning in the graves at what's being done. The only places left on the planet which aren't being destroyed by this woke insanity are Eastern Europe, the Far East and Texas. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

And all this under a so called Conservative government. 😡

As you say, wait till the next "Conservative" government under the guy who got his job because of a woke offensive.
Symptoms of much bigger issues though.

Jurgen Klopp to Sky Sports on Ibrahima Konate's red card: "A lot of things were against us today. This referee gave me a red card against Man City for wrestling situation between Bernardo Silva and Mo Salah. Today same situation with Jota but didn't get a red card.

"It is unbelievable, then the of holding Havertz on Konate for the first yellow card. Then Havertz goes down and the referee gives Konate a yellow card. Gabriel does the same to Nunez and no yellow card."

Good to see Klippity back to blaming the officials when they don’t win! Don’t remember him commenting on the officials the other night. 🤔

53 minutes ago, chrisb said:

Jurgen Klopp to Sky Sports on Ibrahima Konate's red card: "A lot of things were against us today. This referee gave me a red card against Man City for wrestling situation between Bernardo Silva and Mo Salah. Today same situation with Jota but didn't get a red card.

"It is unbelievable, then the of holding Havertz on Konate for the first yellow card. Then Havertz goes down and the referee gives Konate a yellow card. Gabriel does the same to Nunez and no yellow card."

Good to see Klippity back to blaming the officials when they don’t win! Don’t remember him commenting on the officials the other night. 🤔

As much as we lambast him for it, we can see from past experience, it works. 

Our bloke has no opinion on the hand we are dealt week after week. 

Keeps it to himself, happy to have a job to go to. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, east lower said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68253004

Now I wonder who this club might be? 

These sorts of things happen once in a blue moon - don't they?

The legal threat surrounds whether the Premier League's rules are compatible with competition law.

The unsaid point being that FFP under any name is illegal under competition law and always has been.  Any club can call UEFA or FA's bluff just as soon as they think the opprobrium is less costly than the punishment.

2 hours ago, Dwmh said:

The legal threat surrounds whether the Premier League's rules are compatible with competition law.

The unsaid point being that FFP under any name is illegal under competition law and always has been.  Any club can call UEFA or FA's bluff just as soon as they think the opprobrium is less costly than the punishment.

It makes me think that this ‘challenge’ is a counter measure.

Go after us and we’ll come after you, whether legally it would usurp what may be coming a clubs’ way I’ve no idea. 

Maybe a behind closed doors trade-off?