CFCnet 23/24 awards - voting OPEN! ×

Premier League

JaneB
Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

On 10/03/2024 at 18:58, Mark Kelly said:

It's a media love in, a continual kow towing 

An orgy of self aggrandisement. 

It is. But I for one am fucking sick of us bowing to it and following the narrative instead of spoiling their party as we used to do so well. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bert19 said:

It is. But I for one am fucking sick of us bowing to it and following the narrative instead of spoiling their party as we used to do so well. 

I think that's why the cup final stung so much 

Hopefully we can be the ones to at least stop Arsenal winning the league though which would be a consolation of sorts

• 3 weeks later...

Lamptey gets the ball but Alan Smith convinces VAR that there wasn't enough contact on the ball. 

That's why the red clubs shouldn't routinely have their own pet co-comm on games. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Ham said:

Lamptey gets the ball but Alan Smith convinces VAR that there wasn't enough contact on the ball. 

That's why the red clubs shouldn't routinely have their own pet co-comm on games. 

And Saka scores it  so that'll be another eight part Sky documentary lined up. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Has anyone else noticed we have no more home games on a Saturday for the rest of the season? What went wrong?

Ah, they've moved West Ham as well. TV rights  - grrrr 🙂

7 hours ago, Blue Moon said:

Also from the ‘Eye - is that a Chelsea hat I see? Will no corner of the Press leave us alone?

IMG_9607.jpeg

I never spotted anyone around me with a camera at the time, the sneaky gits!!

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

How does one become an agent? Asking for a 'friend' 😉 😉 😉

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68794902

Well Bob S...depends if you mean Agent or agent.

Agent..representives elite level players confident in the knowledge that he/she is  offering a top product background of Professional business dealings and high finance.

agent...bit more problematic but ideally a good foundation. Say 5/10 years ...working a street market stall in a "vigorous' location persuading punters that sub par or average stock items are in fact top of the range and worth the price'

An Internship at an "Asian" based telephone center offering the less aware public an assortment of great offers re discounts etc. in exchange for personal information...also known as taking advantage of those seeking the elusive bargain or free lunch,

From there it is merely a step into the MFOR branch of the business and the path to wealth.

MFOR?....think about it...anyone?

Edited by chara
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

How does one become an agent? Asking for a 'friend' 😉 😉 😉

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68794902

A relation of mine has been talking to the new Chief Exec at Southampton about some separate business. 

He’s an ex-Professional Cricketer (career cut short quite early, bad-knees and lifestyle!), was on the Lord’s Groundstaff and went to Kent, decent footballer too so knows his way around sports generally.

The Lavia deal had two agents working on it - Lavia’s main agent and for whatever reason an intermediary one also. The latter was paid £2m for his involvement and the main agent got £5m.

Anyway’s, during the conversation the people at Southampton said to my relative that he had all the traits of a decent agent, good communicator, seemed to know his way around players etc and a negotiator. Discussed it more and there’s an exam or two to take and pass and then apply for your license. You’d need to be able to build a network of people to get opportunities etc and get yourself known, plus clients - but if you know a few ex-professionals you just enlist their help and cut them in a percentage. 

Pretty cut-throat business apparently, lots of clique’s.

55 minutes ago, east lower said:

Or a man who’s practiced the art??

Nothing you have done would surprise me EL !....

As with everyone on here I am in awe at the layers of experience and diversity of knowledge on offer every day..

To quote a song.."Thank You For The Honour Of Your Company" truly humbling and hugely enjoyable!

7 hours ago, chara said:

Nothing you have done would surprise me EL !....

As with everyone on here I am in awe at the layers of experience and diversity of knowledge on offer every day..

To quote a song.."Thank You For The Honour Of Your Company" truly humbling and hugely enjoyable!

Only joking. 😉

Generally have had to put in the hours  to get a return. 

Very occasionally something comes along that offers an opportunity to maximise earnings for a lesser output, but they’re rare beast’s.

For most of us you get out what you put in, although in these modern social media and celebrity driven times, I’m not sure that adage is as true as it used to be.

8 hours ago, east lower said:

Or a man who’s practiced the art??

Must be / have been a management consultant …. I was one too, MFOR indeed, although occasionally spiced by some interesting stuff.  On the other hand, same qualities are required for anything involving selling - whether goods, services or policies - lobbying etc. Did that, too.