CFCnet 23/24 awards - voting OPEN! ×

Premier League

JaneB
Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

1 hour ago, east lower said:

It makes me think that this ‘challenge’ is a counter measure.

Go after us and we’ll come after you, whether legally it would usurp what may be coming a clubs’ way I’ve no idea. 

Maybe a behind closed doors trade-off?

The usual deal is a punishment which is big enough or at least noisy enough to make the FFP authority sound tough, but minor enough for the club to accept it as a visible slap on the wrist.
Like the 21 player limit for list A squad members that City were given in 2014.  Quite manageable.

Blue card? Hmmm

I kinda like this reply from the common man on BBC article about the proposal:

"What about a pink card when a player says something nice to the referee? Pink carded players then play on for another 10 minutes when all others have left the pitch. And a green card for lowering your carbon footprint?"

• Haha 3

I'm guessing the rationale for blue cards is that players have stopped taking yellow cards seriously.  (not just Chelsea, but most clubs are currently around the same number of yellows in 22 games as 38 last year).
https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/clubs/total_yel_card?se=578

Refs need some tougher measures to regain control because they er, took yellow cards to an extreme in order to gain control.

Another bloody stupid idea from bloody stupid people who think Sheffield Wednesday is a Bank Holiday.  Just leave the game alone, but the people who run the games attitude is "if it ain't broken fix it anyway".

Edited by blueandproud
  • Agree 2

58 minutes ago, blueandproud said:

Another bloody stupid idea from bloody stupid people who think Sheffield Wednesday is a Bank Holiday.  Just leave the game alone, but the people who run the games attitude is "if it ain't broken fix it anyway".

And West Bromwich Albion and Brighton and Hove Albion are Air B & B's ! (not as good as the SW reference!) 😁

Watched the last 15 minutes or so of the U'21's v WHam..... Referee seemed in total control and no player hysterics or dramas... and the ref was a female ref .(.never know how to phrase that.)..seems actually acting like a ref and doing the job properly has no gender limits?

• Like 1

So...ten minutes in a "sin bin" as the player cools down only to return to the fray and be expected to immediately match the tempo of the game...an injury disaster just waiting to happen..recipe for muscle pulls upwards,,,,,,or will the player (s) be doing mobility/warm up reps or such ?....as mentioned elsewhere...two players from one side and one from the other,,or any combination as could occur at the same time...9 v 10 or such...just what the game needs, unbalanced periods leading to unbalanced results...are they really serious ?...what happened to the replacing a throw on with a free kick type of "return the ball into play" ..I seem to remember "trials"....more lunacy...and the endless tinkering over the years with how the keeper is allowed to behave with or without the ball...sigh.

Or is it just another way to add to the PG lot's ability to influence and/or get the result "they" think should be the final score?

Edited by chara
  • Like 2

The “Champions of Europe” were given a bit of a hiding this afternoon. Not many left in the stadium at 90 minutes. Not sure whether they were atrocious or Le Arse were just too good as I missed the first half.

4 minutes ago, chrisb said:

The “Champions of Europe” were given a bit of a hiding this afternoon. Not many left in the stadium at 90 minutes. Not sure whether they were atrocious or Le Arse were just too good as I missed the first half.

They'll be a really excellent third. 

Good for them. 

• Haha 1

Just poised waiting for Peter Drury to come out with one of his pre written "off the cuff" commentaries about United. 

Garnacho like an albino chimp doing tricks for tourists in a Bolivian jungle clearing, rises like a phoenix to head past the dispersing dive of the Villa keeper. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Just poised waiting for Peter Drury to come out with one of his pre written "off the cuff" commentaries about United. 

Garnacho like an albino chimp doing tricks for tourists in a Bolivian jungle clearing, rises like a phoenix to head past the dispersing dive of the Villa keeper. 

It was McTominay but close enough!

• Haha 1

On 11/02/2024 at 18:10, Mark Kelly said:

Typical modern day commentators, they're all crap, they are stats obsessed and get over excited at players merely crossing the halfway line.  They don't make them like the late, great Brian Moore or John Motson anymore.

• Agree 2

Jason Cundy is beginning to get on my nerves. When he does the audio commentary, he seems to forget that we rely on him to tell us what is going on. I need to know who has the ball and where. He used to be better. 

29 minutes ago, Ham said:

Not sure how reliable they are but they have 200k followers 🤷🏻‍♂️

De Zerbi to Barcelona?

Saw a report earlier that Tuchel has thrown his hat in the ring and hilariously Xabi Alonso who played for Bayern Munich I believe was on their radar to replace him and leave Liverpool reaching. Now that would be funny. 

Perhaps Xavi could go to Liverpool which would be delicious. 

Edited by Mark Kelly

13 hours ago, kev61 said:

Like Joe Biden he should have called it a day years ago 

Unfortunately, muppets like Neil Warnock and Sam Allardyce still think they can do a job

13 hours ago, kev61 said:

Edited by blueandproud

On 17/02/2024 at 16:39, Ham said:

Arsenal absolutely flying since the new year.  I have to say I'm getting a bit worried. 

They will bottle it as per usual when it comes to the crunch.  As for Sheffield United, what's the point of them in the PL?  Honestly, they're a joke, and it's not down to the manager, it's the players.  You could put Guardiola, Klopp, Mourinho or Ancelotti in chatge of them and it wouldn't make a difference.

I decided to watch the Everton vs Palace game this evening. It has probably been the worst PL match I’ve seen in a very long time. I can live with a lack of quality, as long as there’s a bit of action and intrigue - not a smidgen of either. 

It’s been so bad that 15 year old re-runs of Judge Judy have taken over my interest.

• Like 1