JaneB

Matchday prediction  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Wolves win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/12/23 at 16:23

28 minutes ago, Miguelito07 said:

I am not a Poch out BUT I think a better manager would not have us concede so many goals from corners. A better manager would have us draw matches and not lose the ones we have this season....A better manager would play to our strengths

A better manager would allow both full backs to overlap helping out the wingers who are made to look worse players because they're not Robben or Messi nobody is stretching play, nobody is overloading areas nobody is making a difference because the coach is scared the opposition will have tall players so needs height in the side but cannot coach them to defend set pieces anyway. The man is a fraud living off past non-achievements. 

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

A better manager would allow both full backs to overlap helping out the wingers who are made to look worse players because they're not Robben or Messi nobody is stretching play, nobody is overloading areas nobody is making a difference because the coach is scared the opposition will have tall players so needs height in the side but cannot coach them to defend set pieces anyway. The man is a fraud living off past non-achievements. 

A million times this. I knew Poch was the wrong manager when the interview came out saying the full backs were not allowed to overlap. Bro there is ZERO point of a 433 or 4231 if you have no overlap.

Also sick of this possession nonsense that has oozed in to the game since boring tiki taka. Give me tight defending and blinding counter attacks over passing the ball in triangles round the back 5 for 80% possession anyday.

I used to wish for Simeone but he'd never join a shit show like this now. So all we're left with is 2nd place Susans like Poch.

• Agree 2

Hope everyone is having a lovely Christmas Eve!

Not so lovely for Chelsea today... BUT, I could not believe we were not 2, 3 goals up at HT. We have absolutely dominated them, Sterling with the most obvious chance, but honestly I'd also put blame on Jackson, because it just was not clear if he was onside. And then Jackson and Broja missed quite a few 100% chances, it's just unacceptable to be missing those. Jackson could not round the keeper, Broja missed easy shots, takes too many touches... List goes on.

And then we get frustrated start playing either too risky passes or take too little risks where we should take more (I saw so many runs midfield or defenders missed, they could have tried playing people through, but instead chose safer passing option and then when an easy passing option was the best they have tried something risky which resulted in turnovers and risky counters from Wolves.

It was the same against Newcastle and other low block teams, despite totally dominating we never look like scoring and then concede easy goals.

Still a lot of work to do building this team.

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Bones said:

Hope everyone is having a lovely Christmas Eve!

Not so lovely for Chelsea today... BUT, I could not believe we were not 2, 3 goals up at HT. We have absolutely dominated them, Sterling with the most obvious chance, but honestly I'd also put blame on Jackson, because it just was not clear if he was onside. And then Jackson and Broja missed quite a few 100% chances, it's just unacceptable to be missing those. Jackson could not round the keeper, Broja missed easy shots, takes too many touches... List goes on.

And then we get frustrated start playing either too risky passes or take too little risks where we should take more (I saw so many runs midfield or defenders missed, they could have tried playing people through, but instead chose safer passing option and then when an easy passing option was the best they have tried something risky which resulted in turnovers and risky counters from Wolves.

It was the same against Newcastle and other low block teams, despite totally dominating we never look like scoring and then concede easy goals.

Still a lot of work to do building this team.

Having possession isn't dominating. It's playing cowardly and safe. Never liked tiki taka or the old Arsenal style of passing around the box until the perfect goal comes. Enzo should be spraying through balls out to runners and we need a big chonky target man like Drogba or penalty box predator like van Nistelrooy or Owen to get on the end of crosses and drag players away from our no 10 and wingers. Not playing patticake around the back 5 with triangle passes.

5 minutes ago, east lower said:

Looked like 1 or 2 of them decided they’d like an extended Xmas break given what the bookings were actually for + don’t say you weren’t warned about the way the game would be refereed. As if we didn’t do enough ourselves to lose anyways.

This is what worries me, I cannot honestly say I believe they're behind the coach, they play like it's the opposite. 

18 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

This is what worries me, I cannot honestly say I believe they're behind the coach, they play like it's the opposite. 

There’s a few scenarios that could be playing out:

The players have forgotten how to play as a team. CL Winner, WC Winner, PL Winner, U21 WC Winner, Numerous National Team Representatives all included - likelihood of that?

Good players have pretty much all turned to s**t and cannot beat teams with far less talented squads?

There’s a collective loss of form (for a season and a bit and for three coaches)?

Our worst performing coach has turned them into a clueless bunch?

The coach is a second-rate loser, with no pedigree of winning other than an Mbappe, Neymar and all star team win Ligue Un and they know it, they keep doing as they are told and are getting more exasperated as each league game goes by and getting beaten by lesser teams in a consistent basis.

It’s to the point where there’s no salvaging the group and something has to give. 

We’ll barely be able to field an 11 against Palace - another sign of a sinking ship is when through ‘injuries’, bans etc you get less and less men standing up. 

The coach wouldn’t give Silva the club captaincy because the 39 year old couldn’t play in enough games eh! And then plays him in almost every game. The coach is so poor at nearly everything he’s tried to do whilst with us and he’s getting worse.

At the end of the game Silva stood in front of the fans and for literally a minute had his head bowed not knowing what to make of it. 

Edited by east lower

1 hour ago, johnnybozo said:

Having possession isn't dominating. It's playing cowardly and safe. Never liked tiki taka or the old Arsenal style of passing around the box until the perfect goal comes. Enzo should be spraying through balls out to runners and we need a big chonky target man like Drogba or penalty box predator like van Nistelrooy or Owen to get on the end of crosses and drag players away from our no 10 and wingers. Not playing patticake around the back 5 with triangle passes.

Its not just possesion, we had a lot of clear cut chances, Jackson and Broja could not finished them. Sterling guilty of at least 1 obvious one

• Like 1

All that matters this season to me is the league cup, actually think we’ll struggle to get past Boro, I’m being serious. However,  make it to a final and it’s at least something to cheer about and a day out at Wembley, anything can happen on the day. Who cares about anything else anymore, that performance today just about mentally checked me out for the rest of the season. 

Edited by Floyd25

That Sterling chance was genuinely inexcusable.  All he needed to do was nudge the ball a yard to the right and either Palmer or Jackson roll the ball into an empty net.

Palmer was incensed and rightly so.  A lot of other managers would pull him off for such poor decision making.  The selfishness was incredible, and its little moments like this that make a big difference.  We go 1-0 up in that game, I absolutely guarantee you we keep a clean sheet. 

The other infuriating one was how 3 of our players got booked for some form of petulance (kicking the ball away or dissent) all within about 3-4 minutes of one another, which now puts two of them out of the Palace game.  Proper mind-boggling stuff.

I’ve defended Poch on here in the last day or so but don’t think he did himself any favours today either tbh.  

So done with this season, honestly.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

54 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

I honestly believe Jackson and Broja would have missed if Raheem set either up - and imo Raheem knew that too.

No offence but this is utter nonsense. Sterling (like many of our players) is brain dead and plays for his own individual glory instead of the the team. It's not the first time he's made that exact same decision. 

Poch should have taken him off then and there but he's a coward. 

• Agree 1

One other thing I need to get off my chest whilst I’m here (!)

When is one of the coaching staff going to sit down with Broja and Jackson and talk to them about the importance of getting a shot away early?! 

Broja had one in the first half where he gets put through, cuts back inside but over-plays it and runs into trouble,  and then Jackson (who is notorious for this) gets put through, has to get a shot away with his left food, but instead goes for the chop inside and balls it up. 

Someone honestly needs to make them watch a video of Harry Kane who is the master of getting an early shot off before the keeper has set himself.  

• Like 2
  • Agree 1