JaneB

Matchday prediction  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Wolves win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/12/23 at 16:23

Another terrible performance, the most depressing thing is it was so predictable, how many of us knew exactly how this game was likely to play out before a ball was even kicked.

So many individual mistakes today too, I can’t remember the last time I saw so many mistakes from a prem team in one game.

We have too many average/poor players on the pitch every game, you can carry one or two players but when half the side is not good enough you’re just not going to win prem games. 

Nkunku looked promising when he came on, hopefully he will improve our attacking threat. Mudryk also looked lively when he came on to be fair. I really hope this talk of Gallagher being sold is nonsense, we need to keep him, he gives 100% and brings some energy to the side, we desperately need that, I’d rather sell Enzo. I would bring Chalobah in when he’s fit, an academy player like him has to be better for our future than the likes of Disasi and Badiashile who I’ve seen nothing special from.

I like the look of Petrovic in goal.

We will do well to finish in the top 10 this season.

It’s so frustrating keep losing to mid and lower table sides that seem to have to do very little to actually get the win.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

There are a couple of small positives stocking fillers. Rather like finding the satsuma right at the bottom of it. 
I think we have a decent keeper.

Nkunku scored and might be decent.

Palmer and Gallagher are ok. 

The lad you came on and played right wing ( sorry no name) looked very positive and mobile) . 
Now this next one is tricky but at the top of Santas list. If we could get Chilwell and James back and fit it would be massive….a miracle I know but that’s the magic of Christmas. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

They're certainly getting the former, but there is absolutely no evidence of getting any instruction, let alone following them.

I wish I could believe anything would be much different under a different coach, but I don't. The damage has been done well above that level. Which half decent coach would touch us with a barge pole?

I think Steve Cooper would get more out of them than dickhead is. Honestly. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

There are a couple of small positives stocking fillers. Rather like finding the satsuma right at the bottom of it. 

The lad you came on and played right wing ( sorry no name) looked very positive and mobile) . 
Now this next one is tricky but at the top of Santas list. If we could get Chilwell and James back and fit it would be massive….a miracle I know but that’s the magic of Christmas. 

That's the lad that left Spurs because Pochettino wouldn't give him a chance and hasn't had a chance here under the same coach. Maybe he's too attacking for Sir Coward De Custard? 

• Haha 1

• My Blood Is Blue changed the title to Wolverhampton Wanderers 2 Chelsea 1
3 hours ago, Blue Moon said:

In he last 24 hours, I’ve faced Oxford Street, Piccadilly, Fortnums, and the Piccadilly line with my dearly beloved wife and daughter. ThenWaitrose this morning, a pile of ironing and the kids refusing to stop pratting about and set the table and wash up etc.  This match is worse by far. By Christmas Day, I might well be unbearably grumpy.

Ah Phil, feel for you...after a week of some health "uncertainty" issues and panic shopping day..I woke to a Chelsea defeat, 3" of overnight snow (-12c temp)with no sign of stopping...a "White Christmas" for sure..oh joy...Mrs C a bit crabby because no Christmas Eve Church Service attendance....7 miles to Church in snow is a slip/slide too far.

Questions...do I watch the game in a masochistic wallow of despair?...pretend it didn't happen ? ,ignore any media report and just read through all comments on here?

Usual aside..as mentioned before Mrs C has  friend connections with The Cat's family..on her FB memory thingy this am a picture was repeated as posted by her friend in the past of Chopper and The Cat on the "Bus" parade holding the FA Cup as posted earlier this week...two players who show the difference in mental toughness when the going gets tough...again just a coincidence and there have been many before and since but the present lot seem to be too floppy/flakey to take out even a McDonalds.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

I just cannot see the logic behind Poch’s thinking. Everything he does plays into the opposition’s hands. He makes it easy for teams to beat us. And worse, he never learns. 

In an alternative universe, if Poch had started with Nkunku and Mudryk today and left Jackson and Broja on the bench, we might have been ahead at half time. Then after 60 mins he could think about subbing them and bringing on Jackson or Madueke. Then we might’ve scored another because Wolves would’ve been chasing the game. 

But starting with Jackson and Broja made zero sense. It made even less sense to keep them on at half time. I don’t get what he’s thinking. How he plans to beat the opposition. It’s just appalling game management. It sets us up to be on the defensive, go behind, chase the game, then concede another. And he keeps doing it. He’s utterly inept. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

I just cannot see the logic behind Poch’s thinking. Everything he does plays into the opposition’s hands. He makes it easy for teams to beat us. And worse, he never learns. 

In an alternative universe, if Poch had started with Nkunku and Mudryk today and left Jackson and Broja on the bench, we might have been ahead at half time. Then after 60 mins he could think about subbing them and bringing on Jackson or Madueke. Then we might’ve scored another because Wolves would’ve been chasing the game. 

But starting with Jackson and Broja made zero sense. It made even less sense to keep them on at half time. I don’t get what he’s thinking. How he plans to beat the opposition. It’s just appalling game management. It sets us up to be on the defensive, go behind, chase the game, then concede another. And he keeps doing it. He’s utterly inept. 

Not having watched the game I cannot comment specifically on observations re Broja and Jackson..BUT...DD didn't hit the heights in his first season but was well ahead of Jackson and obviously had much to offer,,as I recall the question for me was could he/would he step up...the answer is Legend and History...... Broja for me has no such depth and will never be more than we are seeing now...a reasonable career elsewhere with less expectations is his best bet..Diego hit the road running..oh for some of that aggression and nastiness rather than petulance and submission.

10 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

He's a cowardly, rubbish, weak, scared coach we swap coaches with Wolves after the game we would improve dramatically. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, JonnyCFC said:

Another terrible performance, the most depressing thing is it was so predictable, how many of us knew exactly how this game was likely to play out before a ball was even kicked.

So many individual mistakes today too, I can’t remember the last time I saw so many mistakes from a prem team in one game.

We have too many average/poor players on the pitch every game, you can carry one or two players but when half the side is not good enough you’re just not going to win prem games. 

Nkunku looked promising when he came on, hopefully he will improve our attacking threat. Mudryk also looked lively when he came on to be fair. I really hope this talk of Gallagher being sold is nonsense, we need to keep him, he gives 100% and brings some energy to the side, we desperately need that, I’d rather sell Enzo. I would bring Chalobah in when he’s fit, an academy player like him has to be better for our future than the likes of Disasi and Badiashile who I’ve seen nothing special from.

I like the look of Petrovic in goal.

We will do well to finish in the top 10 this season.

It’s so frustrating keep losing to mid and lower table sides that seem to have to do very little to actually get the win.

God yes, Enzo should be out the door long before Gallagher. Gallagher is a totally different player than he used to be. If he could add a few more goals then he would be a perfect box to box midfielder. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, NoblyBobly said:

Think James is a busted flush. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, chara said:

Ah Phil, feel for you...after a week of some health "uncertainty" issues and panic shopping day..I woke to a Chelsea defeat, 3" of overnight snow (-12c temp)with no sign of stopping...a "White Christmas" for sure..oh joy...Mrs C a bit crabby because no Christmas Eve Church Service attendance....7 miles to Church in snow is a slip/slide too far.

Questions...do I watch the game in a masochistic wallow of despair?...pretend it didn't happen ? ,ignore any media report and just read through all comments on here?

Usual aside..as mentioned before Mrs C has  friend connections with The Cat's family..on her FB memory thingy this am a picture was repeated as posted by her friend in the past of Chopper and The Cat on the "Bus" parade holding the FA Cup as posted earlier this week...two players who show the difference in mental toughness when the going gets tough...again just a coincidence and there have been many before and since but the present lot seem to be too floppy/flakey to take out even a McDonalds.

Hey sorry BM.....OG time...too many Blue references for an OG to keep straight!!!....🦕

9 minutes ago, Blue Orca said:

God yes, Enzo should be out the door long before Gallagher. Gallagher is a totally different player than he used to be. If he could add a few more goals then he would be a perfect box to box midfielder. 

I believe Gallagher will only get better, he’s already been one of our best performers this season (not much competition granted) but he gives 100% and fights for the team, which we desperately need. He is still young and a bit raw but I believe he will become a consistent quality player that will be a big contributor to any squad, I think we will regret it if we let him go. I much prefer players like him to over hyped big money signings that have little heart. And yes agree, if he can add regular goals to his game he would put himself up there with the best midfielders in the league.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

They would, but that's nothing to do with the owners the infrastructure or anything other than the dreadful coaching and cowardly instructions they're receiving. 

He doesn't trust them and they know it. 

Pick a name out of a hat of Premier league managers and we'd be a better side for it. 

No - I don't believe any manager would turn this around.  
Obviously a squad with just 20 Over 21 players including 4GKs is going to have problems - you only have to recall 15/16 with 19 o21 players (3GKs) struggling.  And that squad had a core of players who won the Prem both the season before AND the season after.

So the real issue on the playing front is a bare squad filled with kids who should not be playing in a struggling team.

But then you have to ask yourself how the hell did an experienced manager and an experienced Sporting Director team get into this mess.  And the answer has to be serious deep problems.  It if a financial and contractual disaster and hiring Conte and 6 extra players (as happened in 2016) is not going to fix it.

Note when JM got into that mess in 2015/16 it was simply a case of him wanting too small a core squad padded with very cheap teenaged support (Zouma is the only one to get to Chelsea starting standard though some might add RLC).  But that is an easy fix.
This squad doesn't have a core, small or not.  It has players 23 or under, Players injured almost permanently, a player who is old enough to be the father of most of the team, + Disasi and Sterling.

1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

They're certainly getting the former, but there is absolutely no evidence of getting any instruction, let alone following them.

I wish I could believe anything would be much different under a different coach, but I don't. The damage has been done well above that level. Which half decent coach would touch us with a barge pole?

Quite - or what half decent player or half honest Agent.  

1 hour ago, Blue Orca said:

And they are here for 5-7 years. I see a lot of long term loans on the way where we are stiffed on wages. 

I think most of the signings will be gone a lot quicker, or on permanent strike.
Either we are paying well above performance levels as you suggest or we have ripped them off on low salaries (as a few still want to believe).  In the latter case they will simply rip us off by refusing to play unless they get a free move.  Lukaku.

Boehly and Clearlake though will be gone a lot lot quicker.
But the finance overspend will last the full 8 years by which time a lot of the fanbase will have gone too - especially if an ESL gets set up.

1 hour ago, JonnyCFC said:

Nkunku looked promising when he came on, hopefully he will improve our attacking threat.

He does seem to know how to score.  Imagine standing on the 6 yard line between two defenders just before a cross came in - how smart.

34 minutes ago, JonnyCFC said:

I believe Gallagher will only get better, he’s already been one of our best performers this season (not much competition granted) but he gives 100% and fights for the team, which we desperately need. He is still young and a bit raw but I believe he will become a consistent quality player that will be a big contributor to any squad, I think we will regret it if we let him go. I much prefer players like him to over hyped big money signings that have little heart. And yes agree, if he can add regular goals to his game he would put himself up there with the best midfielders in the league.

I think he will be even better at a better club.  We will regret letting him go.  He won't regret getting out a bit.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

No - I don't believe any manager would turn this around.  

I am not a Poch out BUT I think a better manager would not have us concede so many goals from corners. A better manager would have us draw matches and not lose the ones we have this season....A better manager would play to our strengths

Edited by Miguelito07

8 minutes ago, Miguelito07 said:

I am not a Poch out BUT I think a better manager would not have us concede so many goals from corners. A better manager would have us draw matches and not lose the ones we have this season....A better manager would play to our strengths

Yep. But I don’t think anything will happen before summer. Poch is on a two year deal. 

• Agree 1