JaneB

Matchday prediction  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Wolves win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/12/23 at 16:23

This squad just proves talent alone is not enough. We don’t not win enough games because of a lack of talent. They simple don’t win enough games because they cannot deal with the pressure , mainly mentally, but also physically to some degree.

It’s why they make mistake after mistake and it’s why their decision making is terrible on the whole. Far too many of them just don’t have that winning and competing instinct. They crumble under the pressure and scrutiny of playing for a club of this size. 
It’s just so blindingly predictable and obvious. Anyone focussing their attention on the manager really isn’t paying enough attention. 

• Like 2

Just now, Thiago97 said:

This squad just proves talent alone is not enough. We don’t not win enough games because of a lack of talent. They simple don’t win enough games because they cannot deal with the pressure , mainly mentally, but also physically to some degree.

It’s why they make mistake after mistake and it’s why their decision making is terrible on the whole. Far too many of them just don’t have that winning and competing instinct. They crumble under the pressure and scrutiny of playing for a club of this size. 
It’s just so blindingly predictable and obvious. Anyone focussing their attention on the manager really isn’t paying enough attention. 

The biggest mistake is thinking that a lot of these players are as talented as we're led to believe. The transfer fees and salaries are not a real indication of actual talent. The same goes for the coaching staff by the way - paid handsomely but just not as good as advertised. 

To be honest I am sick to death of the garbage getting served to me every game.

We are tailor made for teams like Wolves and Everton.

Get physical and press us high and we'll make mistakes.

The team cannot defend under any pressure and has no tempo or urgency.

When teams get the better of us instead of standing up to it we respond with petulance and completely lose discipline.

Mentally weak and get bullied too easily and I don't see us trying to iron out all these errors.

With too many players that lack the mentality to play for a club like Chelsea this was always going to be a disaster from top to bottom.

2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I'd like to know where the coaching team have improved any of the players since they arrived.

Our Goalkeeper is better and that's having been unused as the coaches choice consistently disappointed. 

Gallagher possibly but that almost certainly down to his desire to stay at the club. 

Every game we go into it's with an eye on stopping the opposition, we have no and I mean literally no idea what we are supposed to be doing from back to front. 

Pochettino is here solely because the owners don't want to be "those guys". 

The players whilst green are all better players than they're being coached to be.

I hate that useless fraud of a coach absolutely loathe him, from his boring press conferences to his piss poor player development skills and cowardly football. 

If we swapped him for Gary O Neill tomorrow we'd be better for it and Wolves would be relegated 

It’s really not the manager mate. Different manager might see some improvements in results in the short term, but they will run into the same issues with majority of these players. They don’t have it, whatever it is. Talent they do have, that extra 10% -20% of winning instinct , mental strength and fortitude. You cannot coach that. You either have it as an individual and as a player, or you don’t . About 10–15 in this squad simply don’t have it. 

Poch aint doing some things right but he can't control the round thing on the pitch for the players, he can't control their limbs and make the simple pass or simple control for them. The level of brain farts from the players gets worse with every game. We need a psychiatry.

Edited by Leo
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Leo said:

Poch aint doing some things right but he can't control the round thing on the pitch for the players, he can't control their limbs and make the simple pass or simple control for them. The level of brain farts from the players gets worse with every game. We need a physiatrist.

Looking at the erratic movements of some of our players I reckon an exorcist would be more use.

2 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

It’s really not the manager mate. Different manager might see some improvements in results in the short term, but they will run into the same issues with majority of these players. They don’t have it, whatever it is. Talent they do have, that extra 10% -20% of winning instinct , mental strength and fortitude. You cannot coach that. You either have it as an individual and as a player, or you don’t . About 10–15 in this squad simply don’t have it. 

This and that is why the last 18 months have been a total disaster.

The board just went and overspent on players who cannot cope with the pressure.

1 minute ago, thevelourfog said:

The thing is, though, that "a club like Chelsea" is exactly the level of these players. Of the coach. Of these owners. 

We're shit from top to bottom and the players are a symptom of that, not the other way around. We are done at the level "a club like Chelsea" used to mean.

It may have become that in the last 2 years. However, as we both know, it has two decades of clinical success that precedes the last 2 years. 
Chelsea as a club are held to the standards of the last two decades. That is wheat  expected of the players now and for the future, and that is precisely the standards they cannot meet. 

Chat GPT - take my comments from the last 17 matches and summarise them in a dwmh style.  Temperature = 1, we all need a laugh.

3 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

He didn't then though so... 

No he didn't.  Refs have long given up booking players for diving.  And for kicking the ball away a little bit when you are a goal down so not wasting time.  Much of this is to do with the fact that with VAR and close timing there is nothing to be gained from diving or time wasting anyway.
This ref decided to make an exception.

Still 55 bookings in 16 games suggests there is something more than the odd ref causing this

4 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

The thing is, though, that "a club like Chelsea" is exactly the level of these players. Of the coach. Of these owners. 

We're shit from top to bottom and the players are a symptom of that, not the other way around. We are done at the level "a club like Chelsea" used to mean.

Not how I see it.  I see us starting off with good ingredients (if over priced) and then every stage of the cooking, the recipe, the execution all the way makes it worse and worse until the end product is inedible.
Take the Turkeys, Hams, Mincemeat, Pudding or Brandy butter off to a decent restaurant (or my Mum) and you'd get an excellent meal.

There is something wrong with this eatery, and it is not just one chef, one oven, one rude waiter or dodgy oven.  Every step from delivery to serving makes it another level worse.  The players are pretty good.

6 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

It may have become that in the last 2 years. However, as we both know, it has two decades of clinical success that precedes the last 2 years. 
Chelsea as a club are held to the standards of the last two decades. That is wheat  expected of the players now and for the future, and that is precisely the standards they cannot meet. 

I'm perfectly prepared to make that the last 3 decades.  They can't meet that either.

There is only one excuse - the squad has only 20 O21 players in it (and that includes 4 GKs).
But that is not on the players so much as the recipe.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

I agree in some senses, but in the most basic and pragmatic sense that club simply doesn't exist any more. None of the same people are there, people who were either there for all of or a huge chunk of those 20 years. This club shares its name and location, and that history, and that really is it. It doesn't take long to get left behind, and we've managed it in record time. The longer this lot are here, the more my worry is about our existence and less about finishing top 4.

• Like 1

Pochettino is just not a very good manager. He is dull, unimaginative, cowardly. Any manager who starts with Broja and Jackson upfront doesn’t know what they are doing. Then once the game spins out of control he does nothing to change things until we go behind. He’s been hiding behind the youth of the players and injuries for too long. He’s managed to make promising players into no hopers. The sooner he goes the better. 

• Agree 4

2 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

Not how I see it.  I see us starting off with good ingredients (if over priced) and then every stage of the cooking, the recipe, the execution all the way makes it worse and worse until the end product is inedible.

Take the Turkeys, Hams, Mincemeat, Pudding or Brandy butter off to a decent restaurant (or my Mum) and you'd get an excellent meal.

There is something wrong with this eatery, and it is not just one chef, one oven, one rude waiter or dodgy oven.  Every step from delivery to serving makes it another level worse.  The players are pretty good.

Then I've articulated myself poorly, because this is what I mean. These owners have destroyed us as a football operation. Most of these players are miles away from the level we'd become used to, but none of them imo are as crap as they look for us and I could imagine almost all instantly improving elsewhere.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thevelourfog said:

Then I've articulated myself poorly, because this is what I mean. These owners have destroyed us as a football operation. Most of these players are miles away from the level we'd become used to, but none of them imo are as crap as they look for us and I could imagine almost all instantly improving elsewhere.

They would, but that's nothing to do with the owners the infrastructure or anything other than the dreadful coaching and cowardly instructions they're receiving. 

He doesn't trust them and they know it. 

Pick a name out of a hat of Premier league managers and we'd be a better side for it. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

They would, but that's nothing to do with the owners the infrastructure or anything other than the dreadful coaching and cowardly instructions they're receiving. 

Pick a name out of a hat of Premier league managers and we'd be a better side for it. 

They're certainly getting the former, but there is absolutely no evidence of getting any instruction, let alone following them.

I wish I could believe anything would be much different under a different coach, but I don't. The damage has been done well above that level. Which half decent coach would touch us with a barge pole?

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again:

Jose or Antonio are the only ones who’ll galvanise and organise them, while instilling discipline.

Edited by Chelsea_Matt

9 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

And they are here for 5-7 years. I see a lot of long term loans on the way where we are stiffed on wages. 

1 minute ago, Ham said:

Today's defeat had nothing to do with Poch.  

I agree with that in as much as if Jackson and Broja could have put their chances away in the first half we would have been out of sight. BUT why oh why did he persevere with them until we went one down? It was clear they couldn’t have scored in a brothel with a £50 note hanging out of their Y=fronts. 

• Like 4