JaneB

Matchday prediction  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Luton win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/12/23 at 11:30

1 hour ago, boratsbrother said:

We badly need a comanding young CB with pace  to step up and take Silva's place. Sadly, so far none of them have been able to step up, so we might we'll need him again next season, though I'd like to see Badiashile and Colwill be given a run of games together to see how they shape up as a pair. 

Quietly confident about Gilchrist. 👀

Also - nice to see Arsenal lose again! 🤣

• Love 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

Anyone think we should sign up Thiago for another season? Despite some slips he’s been easily our best centre half and was unbelievable yesterday. 
Can’t see why we wouldn’t extend unless we have a ready made Van-Dijk esq game changing replacement in mind.

Well, if Fofana gets fit, we'll have Fofana, Disasi, Badiashile and Colwill, plus potentially Gilchrist. 

3 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I wouldn’t commit to a new contract until the end of the season, to see what kind of state he is in after another full season in this league. An injury could see the end of his playing career in a flash, unfortunately.

This obviously leaves open the possibility that he may move back to play a season or two in Brazil, but if that’s how he chooses to end his career, then I think we have to respect that.

My biggest hope is that when he does hang up his boots, he stays/comes back to the club in some capacity. He has way too much experience, knowledge and a winning mentality for us to not keep him involved in some way.

Yeah same here. I really hope we keep him on at the club in some capacity. I think we need to probably move on and try to progress without him from next season. I would love him to become part of the coaching set up here though.

One of my favourite ever players . 

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

Yeah same here. I really hope we keep him on at the club in some capacity. I think we need to probably move on and try to progress without him from next season. I would love him to become part of the coaching set up here though.

One of my favourite ever players . 

He’s been immense but I sense he’ll leave tbh.

14 minutes ago, Chelsea_Matt said:

He’s been immense but I sense he’ll leave tbh.

I think there appears to be a feeling that his leg speed isn't very fast which means we play a low line  which nobody on the football side of things  want to play.

Personally I think he's easily our best CB and should be the Captain , however , time waits for no man and despite how fit he is he's not got much playing time left . 

I feel he's got at least another season in him but the club don't care what I think .

It does seem a bit counter intuitive to keep harping on about lacking experience to then let someone with a wealth of it go.

Edited by Mark Kelly

12 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think there appears to be a feeling that his leg speed isn't very fast which means we play a low line  which nobody on the football side of things  want to play.

Personally I think he's easily our best CB and should be the Captain , however , time waits for no man and despite how fit he is he's not got much playing time left . 

I feel he's got at least another season in him but the club don't care what I think .

It does seem a bit counter intuitive to keep harping on about lacking experience to then let someone with a wealth of it go.

I’ve mentioned it before, but why wouldn’t any professionally run club not want to retain a person with the experience and qualities that this bloke has and has displayed consistently across at least 4 coaches now. 

If I had any part to play in it, he’d be being lined up as a future coach/manager.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

He might want to go. That’s not on the club necessarily… 

8 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

Anyone think we should sign up Thiago for another season? Despite some slips he’s been easily our best centre half and was unbelievable yesterday. 
Can’t see why we wouldn’t extend unless we have a ready made Van-Dijk esq game changing replacement in mind.

Never mind Thiago, we need to sign up Belle for another season.  That woman brightens my life everyday!!!

• Love 2
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

Last season your excuses were him being tierd. Then it was playing too deep. Now it's back to being tierd again. 

When he has played further up this season  he was even worse. Can't shoot if his life depended on it. Too slow, wherever he plays. Can't spray the ball around like a Hoddle or Cesc. I was never a fan of Kova or Jorginho but despite their big flaws, at least they had qualities which were easy to see. I honestly don't see anything remotely good enough from Enzo to compensate for his significant flaws. I'd take the ageing Jorginho over him all day and every day.

Why would there have been excuses for his performances last season? He was far and away out best player upon arrival, while also statically being in the elite ranges within the league. What you're selling makes no real sense here.

He started the season reasonably well with more freedom, sure there are still areas he needs to work on and that's not been said otherwise, but one can also see that he's succumb to the hectic schedule of the last 18 months and now his hernia situation. Much like some of the other players you've mentioned, Enzo is going to divide opinions. He's a player that you either get or you don't, with yourself being the latter. It likely wouldn't matter what argument was put forward to you your opinion wouldn't be swayed, and that's fine, but it also means having a discussion on the matter being rather pointless when there's such a divide.

Despite having a down season so far his underlying stats still rank him quite favourably within the league when it comes to some fairly important areas eg; shot-creating actions, progressive passes/carries, through balls, switches, passes into the final third and penalty area. So it's not as if he's been completely idle, even if he's not recorded the direct production one would've hoped going into the season. 

21 hours ago, xceleryx said:

Much like some of the other players you've mentioned, Enzo is going to divide opinions. He's a player that you either get or you don't, with yourself being the latter. It likely wouldn't matter what argument was put forward to you your opinion wouldn't be swayed, and that's fine, but it also means having a discussion on the matter being rather pointless when there's such a divide.

I'm of course hoping Enzo develops into the dominant midfield force he should do for such a fee. Right now he reminds me of another purchase from Benfica, Thiago (Mendes), whose contribution was hotly debated on the old cfcnet with many threads such as"Thiago, now I get it!"

I'm not writing him off yet, but am also admittedly struggling to see his value.

17 minutes ago, Ham said:

One point behind Newcastle. Same number of games played.

How quickly things can change.

It's definitely a good plan to save assessments until all teams have played each other at least once. 7th looks like the best we can hope for this season.

Just a thought post game...Luton,like many sides before, suddenly realised that Chelsea are vulnerable to pressure somewhat reinforced by a mental easing off with a three goal lead..and with nothing to lose charged the cannons as it were.....unfortunately for Luton the three goal cushion was ultimately enough..something that has been lacking all season!

Funny how easier this week is with another three points to the good!

5 hours ago, Ham said:

One point behind Newcastle. Same number of games played.

How quickly things can change.

So what is your prediction for total points this season?

2 minutes ago, ROTG said:

So what is your prediction for total points this season?

What is yours? ....genuinely interested.Never mind the failures of Clearlake.If Poch lasts to the end of the season where do you think we will end up?.

The best I can see is top 8.

3 hours ago, kev61 said:

What is yours? ....genuinely interested.Never mind the failures of Clearlake.If Poch lasts to the end of the season where do you think we will end up?.

The best I can see is top 8.

Based on the current squad given to Poch, 54pts or above will be and outstanding performance by the coach.