JaneB

Matchday prediction  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Liverpool win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/01/24 at 19:15

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Liverpool at Anfield before, during and after the game.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 20:15 hours on Wednesday, 31st January 2024 (Local UK time/date) (Live on TNT Sports)

3 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

This is the kind of game our boys will raise their game, be pumped for and Liverpool will not play a low block. Think we can spring a surprise here. And I can't vote anything other than a win against these lot. My inner soul won't have it. 

I wish I felt the same, but I fear Klopp has got his team close to where he wants them now and they're going to be horribly difficult for anyone to beat.

I do agree, we'll likely see a higher level of performance from our boys, but I just don't think it will be enough. We'll need to be at our very best and Liverpool to have an off day, that is just where we are at the moment... and that's ok, for this season.

I may still vote for a Chelsea win though!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I wish I felt the same, but I fear Klopp has got his team close to where he wants them now and they're going to be horribly difficult for anyone to beat.

I do agree, we'll likely see a higher level of performance from our boys, but I just don't think it will be enough. We'll need to be at our very best and Liverpool to have an off day, that is just where we are at the moment... and that's ok, for this season.

No Salah though. I'm hoping we'll have players back to fitness by then. 

2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Yep

Success comes from scouts working for the coach and not vice versa  

5 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Just rewatched the Man City 4-4 game. I know we didn't win, but what a fantastic performance that was. Played at pace, lots of one-touch, a bit of steel, no stupid errors and a really good atmosphere. Makes me feel a lot better.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Surely we must give Jurgen a guard of honour and then let them win the game, letting them score plenty of goals in the process and obviously making sure they don't have to put too much effort in and certainly they mustn't sustain any injuries,  we wouldn't want anything untoward to happen to them on their way to them being handed the premier league title this season, after all he deserves it, they deserve it, the whole country deserves it and, apparently,  wants it to happen.

• Haha 2

@Mark Kelly...Now now Mark...that is very unkind.... how can you wish ill upon the second team of every true football fan in the country and arguably the World of football.

I, of course, have a second room full of all my Liverpool memorabilia and memories of so many European nights at Anfield to make up for the lack of Chelsea success up until HMG attacked. Proud to be a second class Red.

At a sad time like this .🥺 "WE ARE ALL LIVERPOOL"

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, chara said:

@Mark Kelly...Now now Mark...that is very unkind.... how can you wish ill upon the second team of every true football fan in the country and arguably the World of football.

I, of course, have a second room full of all my Liverpool memorabilia and memories of so many European nights at Anfield to make up for the lack of Chelsea success up until HMG attacked. Proud to be a second class Red.

At a sad time like this .🥺 "WE ARE ALL LIVERPOOL"

It's a distopian nightmare akin to planet of the apes. 

"Get your hands off me you filthy Koppite" 

Edited by Mark Kelly

12 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

It's a distopian nightmare akin to planet of the apes. 

"Get your hands off me you filthy Koppite" 

Oh I forgot to mention.the "second room" I referred to  is actually outside and is a protected building dating from the Pioneer Days here...Mrs C calls it "The Outhouse"..my affectionate term is "The Sh8t House"..all very appropriate I feel! 🚾     🚽    (Apologies to Khobar,,should be on his Legacy home)

Credit where credit is due in fairness, Klopp is a good manager and I'd certainly have had him here. He's probably been stiff not to win more given he's had like 3 90 point seasons and come up against a ridiculous Man City side and Pep. 

All this carrying on though is going to leave quite a bit of friction burn to contend with.

1 hour ago, xceleryx said:

Credit where credit is due in fairness, Klopp is a good manager and I'd certainly have had him here. He's probably been stiff not to win more given he's had like 3 90 point seasons and come up against a ridiculous Man City side and Pep. 

All this carrying on though is going to leave quite a bit of friction burn to contend with.

I agree on his qualities as well as the hilarious social media overreaction. It's just something we are going to have to get through. This will be the toughest game of the season to get anything from and should we somehow secure the points we will condemn ourselves to anotrher lifetime of hatred from the mainstream media.

59 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Referee:  Paul Tierney

VAR:  John Brooks

This is the chap that Klippity’s had issues with, is it not?

Brooks is another one who if he was made of chocolate, he’d lick himself into oblivion.

• Agree 1