JaneB

Matchday prediction  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Liverpool win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/01/24 at 19:15

1 hour ago, east lower said:

This is the chap that Klippity’s had issues with, is it not?

Brooks is another one who if he was made of chocolate, he’d lick himself into oblivion.

Probably put pressure on him to give them a few decisions. 

Edited by Sciatika

We have absolutely no chance of beating Liverpool here, nor in the final now.

I am sad Klopp is leaving - he is a great character in football, as much as we can hate the Scousers. It reminds me of the sadness when Jose, Tuchel left etc. 

We need these personalities in football and he got Liverpool from day one. I felt Poch started in that direction with us but has lost his way.

8 minutes ago, Thiago97 said:

I'm not sad in the slightest. He can do one! I'm not letting the media love in with Liverpool and Klopp cloud my judgement on him being a self righteous t*at in charge of the biggest bunch of self righteous t*at's in the country.

Very good manager, I have no doubt on that. Nothing sad about this in my mind though, he is a top manager in charge of my most hated club. and him leaving is likely to make them weaker.  Zero tears from me, just elation really.

Fair enough. It's not about "media love" though.

It's about the fact that football fans everywhere (apparently not on here) feel a connection to Klopp and that he understands and represents the game very well.

People like Klopp reflect the real human value of football culture - I always wanted Tuchel to be our Klopp because he gets it in a similar way.

Can't see us beating Liverpool at Anfield even without Salah.

They have hit form and been able to bring in a number of youngsters that look good. 

it is not just Liverpool we play it is also the crowd that influences the ref, I was surprised cards were not issued when they played Norwich.

I was there in 92 when we beat them under Souness with a youngish side and it was so close. 

So we can do it  yet not sure we can play well enough for long enough .

On 19/01/2024 at 12:26, CarefreeMuratcan said:

This is the kind of game our boys will raise their game, be pumped for and Liverpool will not play a low block. Think we can spring a surprise here. And I can't vote anything other than a win against these lot. My inner soul won't have it. 

I've changed my vote to a loss for us, just not confident at all going into this.

9 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

As an aside, if we were to win the Rumbelows Cup, it would ruin the quadruple narrative (that is being pedalled at every opportunity) at the first hurdle.

That will simply not be allowed to happen.

I have pondered that too and still to this day think we were cheated out of it last time with Lukaku's goal ruled offside because they did not want a Russian owned club winning while Ukraine crisis was happening. 

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

As an aside, if we were to win the Rumbelows Cup, it would ruin the quadruple narrative (that is being pedalled at every opportunity) at the first hurdle.

That will simply not be allowed to happen.

It's interesting how the Europa suddenly has prestige when it helps Liverpool win a Quad.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Max Fowler said:

We need these personalities in football and he got Liverpool from day one. I felt Poch started in that direction with us but has lost his way.

Klopp did no better than Poch in his first season. He was given plenty of time to get it right. 

14 minutes ago, Ham said:

Klopp did no better than Poch in his first season. He was given plenty of time to get it right. 

Liverpool have long been a yoyo team - much like Chelsea under RA.  That is Yoyo teams that fall to 5th or 6th in a bad year and go full out in years when they think they can win something.  They are a 65-95 yoyo team, like we used to be.
That is what impresses me about Liverpool (JM would approve too).

Points Place
2015–16 PL 60 8th
2016–17 PL 76 4th
2017–18 PL 75 4th
2018–19 PL 97 2nd
2019–20 PL 99 1st
2020–21 PL 69 3rd
2021–22 PL 92 2nd
2022–23 PL 67 5th

When they are chasing for the title they are red hot.  80 points in a season is rare, 90 points is extremely rare.  We have only done it 3 times.  Getting 90+ points and not winning the Prem has only happened twice ever (Gotta love City for that).

But it is quite misleading to suggest that the only reason Klopp got it right was because he was given plenty of time.  

4 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

Liverpool have long been a yoyo team - much like Chelsea under RA.  That is Yoyo teams that fall to 5th or 6th in a bad year and go full out in years when they think they can win something.  They are a 65-95 yoyo team, like we used to be.
That is what impresses me about Liverpool (JM would approve too).

Points Place
2015–16 PL 60 8th
2016–17 PL 76 4th
2017–18 PL 75 4th
2018–19 PL 97 2nd
2019–20 PL 99 1st
2020–21 PL 69 3rd
2021–22 PL 92 2nd
2022–23 PL 67 5th

When they are chasing for the title they are red hot.  80 points in a season is rare, 90 points is extremely rare.  We have only done it 3 times.  Getting 90+ points and not winning the Prem has only happened twice ever (Gotta love City for that).

But it is quite misleading to suggest that the only reason Klopp got it right was because he was given plenty of time.  

One of the main reasons he got it so right is because he was allowed to get it so wrong. I absolutely loathe them but have always said fair play to them for letting the manager fail 50 % of the time. No other club would even contemplate it.

2 hours ago, JonnyCFC said:

Chelsea win, similar in nature to the 2014 title destroying performance.

One of the most enjoyable results of all time.

The sight of them setting off flares and throwing them and other things at our team coach on its way into the stadium along with their absolute arrogance that they were winning the league and then their realisation that their nemesis’s (Jose and Chelsea) had quite literally done for them was beautiful to behold. 

I’m normally an anonymous away fan when coming away but I recall this scouser raging at this and that and how they were cheated out of a victory and etc, etc and couldn’t resist the urge to tell him that they’d just been schooled by the master and that Rodgers had he been half the manager that Jose was wouldn’t have lost that game. Was getting a little bit heated when some massive scouser came over (thought I might have an issue) and said to the other fella’s he’s 100% right and to suck it up. Beat a retreat then and sat in the coach taking in all their miserable faces. Joyous indeed, with that slip being the icing on the cake. If only Fernando had poked the goal in, rather than doing the ‘right-thing’ and squaring it to Willian (it was Willian, wasn’t it?) would have popped the cherry on the top of the bakewell.

• Like 2

Anyone not think Klopps retirement is mind games? Or at least the timing of the announcement is in order to galvanise his team, otherwise why not wait until the end of the season, still think there’s a chance he changes his mind. 

Edited by Floyd25

6 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

Anyone not think Klopps retirement is mind games? Or at least the timing of the announcement is in order to galvanise his team, otherwise why not wait until the end of the season, still think there’s a chance he changes his mind. 

Friday was certainly a day for deliberate distraction stories.

• Agree 1