Message added by My Blood Is Blue,

Matchday prediction  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Aston Villa win
    • Draw
    • Chelsea win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 27/04/24 at 18:00

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Aston Villa at Villa Park before, during and after the game.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 20:00 hours on Saturday, 27th April 2024 (Local UK time/date) (Live on TNT Sports)

10 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Sod it, just play the kids.

Curd

Olise - Gee - Williams

Silcott-Duberry - Tauriainen - Dyer - Sturge

Golding

Richards - Washington

Duberry, as in Michael ?? Good choice!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Newcastle losing opens the door for us, so I fully expect us to slam it shut in our own faces.

Absolutely. I can only see us managing to grasp a defeat from the jaws of a defeat.

21 hours ago, Miguelito07 said:

Last season we were barely on TV - THIS season they cant get us off it.....wonder why?! 😞

And a lovely 8pm kick-off too. Those attending won’t be getting back home much before early Sunday morning and have their Saturday evening, a time for enjoyment ruined.

Thanks TV. And I appreciate it’s not just us, match-going fans are treated with utter contempt by the TV companies. In these supposedly enlightened times, scheduling needs sorting to prevent the long journeys at outlandish times. Evening games need to be played against the nearest neighbours, as do the Saturday lunchtime games.

Lots of clubs fans face the issue of no available public transport for journeys home and 5,6 or 7hr coach trips after evening games aren’t offer the joy of missing work (holiday day or no pay) or going straight to work from the coach. If the TV companies, who are making money from these fixtures insist on these schedules then they should also be made to fund transport for the away fans perhaps.

• Agree 4

2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Newcastle losing opens the door for us, so I fully expect us to slam it shut in our own faces.

Newcastle and West Ham seem to be imploding, so we might scrape our way past them, but I doubt we can get past Man U - which means finishing 7th and playing ECL next season.

21 hours ago, Miguelito07 said:

Last season we were barely on TV - THIS season they cant get us off it.....wonder why?! 😞

Nuetrals like watching us these days because they know that one way or another our games will be entertaining. Entertaining  in a Britain's Got Talent first few episodes  kind of way.😁

Edited by boratsbrother
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

Newcastle and West Ham seem to be imploding, so we might scrape our way past them, but I doubt we can get past Man U - which means finishing 7th and playing ECL next season.

I’d suggest Chelsea are imploding as well, but we’ve not been consistent enough all season to be able to implode.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, boratsbrother said:

Nuetrals like watching us these days because they know that one way or another our games will be entertaining. Entertaining  in a Britain's Got Talent first few episodes  kind of way.😁

I can imagine Ant and Dec sniggering behind the curtain off stage , wondering in anticipation what the fat bloke fiddling with his wrist worn St Christopher is going to do with those lemons.

Nothing.

He's going to do nothing. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I can imagine Ant and Dec sniggering behind the curtain off stage , wondering in anticipation what the fat bloke fiddling with his wrist worn St Christopher is going to do with those lemons.

Nothing.

I know what I'd like to do with them! And that includes Ant & Dec as well as the magic lemons 🍋 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Nothing.

I heard it was them that told him to drop Trev and Thiago on Tuesday…

• Haha 1

So with Enzo out, hopefully we’ll see a return to Gallagher and Caicedo as a 2 and Chuk will get a chance in the more advanced role. God knows what back 4 he’ll pick… he’ll probably rest Cucurella and play Mudryk there for a laugh.

• Like 1

Just now, My Blood Is Blue said:

So with Enzo out, hopefully we’ll see a return to Gallagher and Caicedo as a 2 and Chuk will get a chance in the more advanced role. God knows what back 4 he’ll pick… he’ll probably rest Cucurella and play Mudryk there for a laugh.

I would imagine that Silva , being brought on at five nil down against Arsenal will in all probability tell him to poke it so expect more defensive lunacy from Pochettino.

I expect he knows he's going and just isn't invested in making a fist of it as anyone can see what a pigs ear he's made of things 

Edited by Mark Kelly

22 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I’d suggest Chelsea are imploding as well, but we’ve not been consistent enough all season to be able to implode.

Have you ever stuck a pin in an already deflated balloon? An almost imperceptible gentle fart. That's what we've become.

• Haha 3