JaneB

Matchday prediction  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Aston Villa win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/01/24 at 18:45

Finishes 0-0, so a replay unfortunately.

I think we were the better team for about 70 minutes, then we just looked completely gassed.

Can't really complain about the effort and overall play. Just some poor finishing.

Great save from Petrovic too.

• Agree 2

Shouldn't really comment so close to the game but The Poch seemed to have no idea what to do to change up the Chelsea game.

The more I watch Palmer the more impressed I am.....first real season playing in the top flight and looks to have an almost unreasonable potential to improve. Makes errors of course but wow.

A player to watch throughout a game...contributes so much quietly.

Edited by chara
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

Ooof a replay, Quins missing a conversion to lose the game and England getting smashed in the 1st test in India.

Crappy start to the weekend. More wine.

Run out of wine so hitting the spiced rum. Off to see Depeche Mode tomorrow night so the weekend will get better!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Ooof a replay, Quins missing a conversion to lose the game and England getting smashed in the 1st test in India.

Crappy start to the weekend. More wine.

I glazed over when you started talking about a cricket match somewhere in another continent. Does cricket actually ever stop ?? 

2 minutes ago, chara said:

Shouldn't really comment so close to the game but The Poch seemed to have no idea what to do to change up the Chelsea game.

Unfortunately you cannot blame Mr Jellyfish , it’s not his band of players.

That said seems he has become a company man and happy to take the paycheque and will probably get a bonus for getting the owners a day trip to Wembley. 

• JaneB changed the title to Chelsea 0 Aston Villa 0
3 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

I glazed over when you started talking about a cricket match somewhere in another continent. Does cricket actually ever stop ?? 

No..it always runs over!

Oh well. We had our chances. Palmer and Madueke should maybe have done better. Ran out of steam in the second half.  At least we didn’t lose. Petrovic made one very good save which kept us in it. Otherwise, a bit disappointed we couldn’t sustain our first half display. Once Mudryk and Broja came on it was just a matter of getting through to the end without damage. 

• Like 1