JaneB

Matchday prediction  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What will the result be?

• Chelsea win
    • Draw
    • Aston Villa win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/01/24 at 18:45

27 minutes ago, chrisb said:

But it didn’t have to be. There’s no reason we couldn’t have played this fixture today.

Reason for that apparently is that Fulham are at home today, not saying I agree with that as they or we could have played early and the other could have had an evening kickoff, to allow fans to dissipate before the others begin to show up.

1 minute ago, east lower said:

With respect, Chilwell barely got near the halfway line, never mind across it.

Villa took control of the midfield as we struggled to keep possession of the ball. The coach’s substitutions did what they usually do and made us less than we were before them.

We gambled on an energetic press getting us a goal by 60 mins.  It didn't work out.
When you spend that much energy the last 30 mins was always going to be about hanging on.  Especially as Chilwell was the only sub the manager (and most fans) offered enough to bring on, the others were kept off the pitch till the 77nd min, which suggests a knackered Sterling and Madueke are rated higher than a fresh Mudryk or Broja,

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Dwmh said:

We gambled on an energetic press getting us a goal by 60 mins.  It didn't work out.
When you spend that much energy the last 30 mins was always going to be about hanging on.  Especially as Chilwell was the only sub the manager (and most fans) offered enough to bring on, the others were kept off the pitch till the 77nd min, which suggests a knackered Sterling and Madueke are rated higher than a fresh Mudryk or Broja,

Broja just needs to go, and as he spends more time on the pitch people are coming round to the fact he’s an extremely poor striker. The more time he spends on the pitch shows him up and his value in the transfer market will decrease.

We hardly got the ball to Mudrych, so no one could judge if he was able to do a job or not.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kev61 said:

You can get them pre -installed but not worth it.As Ham said it is a bit time consuming,but worth the effort 

If I can do it anyone can.Let YouTube take you by the hand.There is nothing more satisfying than watching a live match that you have paid nowt for(except for 5 quid a month for your VPN)-heck,it even gave me the confidence to put up a shelf!.

I’ve been thinking about getting one (plus VPN service), my IT/Tech skills aren’t the best, but I’m not a complete Tech ignoramus and you sound like you might be around that sort of area? 

Is it really straightforward? Because I’ve reached a point with SKY/BT where I don’t want to put any more money into them then I need to. Got recorded games that I want to keep so will pay a basic amount but then can kick the sports and movies into touch.

6 minutes ago, east lower said:

Broja just needs to go, and as he spends more time on the pitch people are coming round to the fact he’s an extremely poor striker. The more time he spends on the pitch shows him up and his value in the transfer market will decrease.

We hardly got the ball to Mudrych, so no one could judge if he was able to do a job or not.

True  Broja just doesn't have it.Time for him to go.

11 minutes ago, east lower said:

I’ve been thinking about getting one (plus VPN service), my IT/Tech skills aren’t the best, but I’m not a complete Tech ignoramus and you sound like you might be around that sort of area? 

Is it really straightforward? Because I’ve reached a point with SKY/BT where I don’t want to put any more money into them then I need to. Got recorded games that I want to keep so will pay a basic amount but then can kick the sports and movies into touch.

I'm nearly as dumb as you can get with technology.Purchase an Amazon firestick download Kodi - the gateway to all things sport and much much more.Follow how to install Kodi on YouTube.Then after you install Kodi the world is your lobster.

I will let you know what to install after that- hope that helps 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, kev61 said:

I'm nearly as dumb as you can get with technology.Purchase an Amazon firestick download Kodi - the gateway to all things sport and much much more.Follow how to install Kodi on YouTube.Then after you install Kodi the world is your lobster.

I will let you know what to install after that- hope that helps 

Thanks, I’ve looked at a few ‘how to’ guides and it looks just about within my capabilities but there’s nothing like a chat with real people (albeit internet chat 😉).

Edited by east lower

56 minutes ago, Dwmh said:

You also have to look at how well drilled villa were and were completely unflustered by the early exchanges, It's like most teams have worked out that the team cannot sustain the pressing and it only a matter of time.

On the positive side the team looks more of a functional and creative unit without either Jackson or Broja which ask the question, bringing in another number 9 who do you take out and what are the consequences.

Edited by ROTG
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

52 articles before the match report in the Daily Mail online , over 30 about Klopp leaving I think that demonstrates exactly what respect they have got our club and our support.

None.

who cares TBH

7 minutes ago, east lower said:

Thanks, I’ve looked at a few ‘how to’ guides and it looks just about within my capabilities but there’s nothing like a chat with real people (albeit internet chat 😉).

You're welcome let me know if you encounter obstacles.I enjoy movies,sport and many other things I don't watch

27 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

52 articles before the match report in the Daily Mail online , over 30 about Klopp leaving I think that demonstrates exactly what respect they have got our club and our support.

None.

HAHAHA! yep, saw that too. I was actually starting to think there was an error on the website 

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Dwmh said:

Early for Petrovich.  The club have put money on Gusto and Chuck making it.  and on several dozen others.

No it is a vanguard.  it'll take 3 years before we make players out of the U21s.  Meanwhile our solid core is playing against squads.

If we continue to progress at the same rate over the next year, with just the addition of a  quality CF we might well be challenging for top four next season and be well ahead of schedule. Just think about that for a second  A young squad with still so much room for improvement, some years away from reaching its peak years and with many years of their best ahead of them. Add a few more quality signings and we'll be right back up there challenging the best again.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

47 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

None.

And none on any page about the biggest World news from yesterday.
It is like it never happened.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, martin1905 said:

We were much better than them in the first half, they were much better than us in the second. Maybe we run out of steam but I don't think thats the case. At all. We saw a completely different Aston Villa in the second half and Pochettino is incapable of reacting. He's fine when things are going well but useless at managing a game of football. 

This game summed him up perfectly manager. No tactical nous whatsoever. He literally just watches things unfold and does absolutely nothing to change it, always has and always will.

I did not see it originally, however Poch was hired by your beloved TBSD because he is a company man will not rock the boat and happy to take the paycheques.

Here we are 4 days to go before the end of the transfer window and not one player has arrived which supporters could say is a Poch signing. 

Like it or not Poch is the best the company are going to get until they realise Scouts cannot create a top football team

19 minutes ago, ROTG said:

I did not see it originally, however Poch was hired by your beloved TBSD because he is a company man will not rock the boat and happy to take the paycheques.

And that's fine. He'll be gone when we are ready to challenge again. A stop gap yes man was exactly what we needed.

Here we are 4 days to go before the end of the transfer window and not one player has arrived which supporters could say is a Poch signing.

Thank god for that. No point building a squad for a stop gap manager.

Like it or not Poch is the best the company are going to get until they realise Scouts cannot create a top football team

He was the best because he is a yes man which is what we needed, in the short term. The Scouts have done a tremendous job in identifying and brining in some of the best young talent in the world. Quite happy to let Pochettino be the man to let the young players learn on the job and get them ready for the next man to take them to the next level.

2 hours ago, east lower said:

DM me and I can walk you through what I use. 50 quid a year for every channel you could ever want and plenty you don't 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Do you have  ‘how to’ guide anywhere?

44 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

DM me and I can walk you through what I use. 50 quid a year for every channel you could ever want and plenty you don't 

Sounds like Paul uses a similar service to what I use 

Kev's Kodi version is ok but still has you scrambling around for streams. I was using Kodi about 10 years ago. 

Paying a monthly or annual sub is the way. 

The IPTV companies are very secretive and rely on word of mouth referrals only.  

It's a two step process.  Firstly you agree and pay for your sub and then you set up an app on a stick and/or phone to watch it. 

Hopefully Paul has sorted you out on PM. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, boratsbrother said:

Test Cricket is over 5 days, so even more impossibly boring for you.😁

Imho, Test Cricket at its best is as fascinating as any sport. The way it can flow from one side to the other each day and one session to another. Skill, concentration over hours each day often in very hot weather. The hugely important role of the Captain and his tactics. The different types of bowling and styles of batting. 

For me, sporting tedium is F1 - Watching cars go round and round with most exciting hits being how fast they change the tyres.

Basketball - You score, we score, you score, we score, you score.....zzzzzzzz.

American Football - A sport designed for TV to cram in adverts every five mins. 

But as with everything in life, each to their own.🙂

Totally agree with the last bit. I would never deny anyone their sport , but you must admit that if you compete with another team for 5 days and you don’t get a result , it’s a bit of a damp squib. It’s the only sport that when watching you can have a nap, go to the supermarket, cook your dinner, eat it, have another nap , wake up and continue watching without having missed anything significant.

I actually didn’t mind playing cricket when I was younger but as for watching!! You’d get someone like Geoff Boycott take the crease. I knew what was coming for the next 6 hours and would be looking for a noose to throw over the bannister. 
I have seen ( back in the day) televised cricket with more people on the field than in the stands. The ball hits the boundary and three old men stop snoring and wake up and slowly clap before fading off back to sleep. 
it doesn’t help that I’ve never totally understood the intricacies of the rules. Some players  pad blocks the ball from hitting the stumps . Everyone jumps up screaming “howzat!!”. Umpire shakes his head slowly and everyone calms down. Apparently the ball pitched here or there so it doesn’t count or the angle of the dangle wasn’t quite right. And the whole declaration thing confuses me . But please don’t try and clear that up because I honestly don’t care. I still have a job so I only have time for so many sports, namely football, tennis, golf and very occasionally rugby and boxing. Everything else can carry on without me. 

12 minutes ago, Ham said:

Sounds like Paul uses a similar service to what I use 

Kev's Kodi version is ok but still has you scrambling around for streams. I was using Kodi about 10 years ago. 

Paying a monthly or annual sub is the way. 

The IPTV companies are very secretive and rely on word of mouth referrals only.  

It's a two step process.  Firstly you agree and pay for your sub and then you set up an app on a stick and/or phone to watch it. 

Hopefully Paul has sorted you out on PM. 

I've gone a similar way to Kev, but not with Kodi, but a very similar set-up. I have a couple of mates who do it the way you're talking about for £50 a year and think I may go that way... going to see how I get on with this on the bedroom TV and if it feels reliable enough, I'll upgrade to the paid version and replace everything currently on the main TV in the living room.

The new way I have it set up will be an improvement from watching the non-tv matches on the laptop at least. Annoyed I didn't do it sooner, just presumed it was more complicated than it was.